Re: omit current window on scroll in split-screen -> scroll through wind

From: Michael Schroeder
Subject: Re: omit current window on scroll in split-screen -> scroll through windows in history order
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:26:25 +0100

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 10:48:55AM -0600, Jonathan Martin wrote:
> I also regularly max out the number of windows, and even worse, I
> changed the maximum number of windows to 40 in the source before
> compiling (MAXWIN if I remember correctly). I found that renumbering
> the windows helps, grouping similar windows together so scrolling
> between isn't as long.
>
> I've toyed with the idea of hacking the code to make 2 or 3 columns of
> windows in the window list, so you could scroll around easier.

Juergen and me are currently discussing support for window groups.

> What
> would be really nice would be an auto-complete type of system. So say
> you have windows "abc" "apple" and "annotations".. you hit <cmd> "
> which brings up the window list, then you type A P <enter> and it
> selects the window "apple."

The normal select command (aka ^a') already works with prefixes,
i.e. ^A'ap<enter> will switch to window "apple". You're suggesting
a search funktion for window lists. Yes, would be nice, and it
was requested by some uther users as well...

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           address@hidden