Re: History of Screen

From: Joe Zbiciak
Subject: Re: History of Screen
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:47:34 -0800 (PST)

Abram,

Minor comment.  In your document, you say:  "Around 1991
Juergen and Michael Schroeder were given official control
of screen by Laumann."  Unless there's a Juergen Shroeder
working on the project, you might want to add Juergen's
surname.  (I presume you actually mean Juergen Weigert.)

I always wondered what exactly was up with the
Screen/iScreen deal.  I've been a faithful user of Screen
since the 3.2.x days (1992-93 timeframe).  I remember
manually hacking in color support before it was available
officially.  My patches were never accepted, but looking
back on the quality of my code in that era, I can't blame
anyone but myself.  :-)  That must've been around 1995-96.

Regards,

--Joe