Re: (no subject)

From: Jonathan Martin
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:49:40 -0400

Pardon me while I daydream for a second...

- A dedicated OSX screen terminal client, it could be configured to bounce the dock icon when a bell is received or a monitored window changed. Similarly, in Windows or contemporary unix desktops like Gnome, tasktray icons could flash or otherwise indicate alerts from a screen backend.

- On OSX, other clients could be created dedicated to just monitoring or controlling a screen backend session instance. For example, a process could monitor screen and make Growl notifications that a bell was received in window X. Or a Konfabulator widget (lol, Tiger dashboard widget) could monitor screen windows.

- Whatever protocol that spans between the front-end and back-end is tunnel-able over SSH. Clients are optionally linked with ssh libraries and can tunnel themselves.

- The architecture and protocols could be designed to fully mesh backends, so that for example backend instance A (securely) connected to B and C; B to A and C; C to A and B.. then by connecting to any of the backends, the client would be aware of any windows in all the instances (permission permitting of course).

Again, just daydreaming.  :)