Re: "Remove dead screens" message when session exists

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: "Remove dead screens" message when session exists
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:17:39 +0200

On Apr 16, 05 23:25:55 -0700, Frederik Eaton wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Yes, they are alive. When I exit the new session
> which is erroneously started by screen and try again I always get the
> old session back.
>
> It only happens to me when I run an alias which is of the form "ssh -t
> host screen -d -RS sessionname", and it only happens when I haven't
> run it for a half hour or so. So I think it could be triggered by a
> hard-drive spinup or page fault delay.

Even if there is a delay, a screen session should always be able to accept
connections from screen -ls or screen -r. The connection may hang for a few
seconds while your drive spins up. But then screen -ls should be accurate
in its output.

This is weird. I never saw wrong socket diagnostics.
Does that happen on different machines?

        cheers,
                Jw.

--