Re: Change socket directory

From: Peder Stray
Subject: Re: Change socket directory
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:08:05 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, John J. Foster wrote:

Is there a way to change the socket directory to $HOME/.screen? The owners of this system have set the default to /tmp/screen, and I do not have access to change it. Is there an environmental variable to override? Is there an entry I can place in my .screenrc?

export SCREENDIR=$HOME/.screen

in your shell's startup... or wrap screen in a quick shell script that sets the environment.

I've just finished slapping myself for not RTFM'ing. Thanks Will and Adam. Sorry for the noise.

why do you want to change it? i know tmpcleaners have a tendency to remove sockets from under /tmp, but you can always get them back with

        pkill -CHLD screen

--
  Peder Stray