Re: shelltitle, window titling

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: shelltitle, window titling
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:51:46 -0500

On 8/25/05, Dan Mahoney, System Admin <address@hidden> wrote:
> My question is this:
>
> Is there any way to have command options included for certain commands?
>
> i.e. to have some sort of script or regex look allow me to have
> ssh:address@hidden, or irc:irc.freenode.net

I use bash, and am not too familiar with tcsh stuff, but I made myself
a script to and added it to PROMPT_COMMAND='$HOME/bin/currentdir'

I know someone who did something like this is zsh - I've been meaning
to ask him, but I know his screen displays "vim:/file/I/am/editing"
... maybe some version of ps? I guess it could be done if there's a
command called *right before* a command is executed... other than
that, besides aliasing each command, I don't know how...