Re: [monitoring-like] would like to be warned when I have mail (fetchmai

From: Slink3r
Subject: Re: [monitoring-like] would like to be warned when I have mail (fetchmail -c)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:26:21 -0400

Okay, I have the same sort of problem, unfortunately I'm extremely incompetent :(

I'm trying to get screen to simply ding me whenever "devil" from irc channel #void speaks

I figured I could use something like tail -n 5 /$HOME/.BitchX/logs/#void.log |grep devil
and just execute that every 3 seconds or something, then if it returns something other than
null, it could beep me.

Is there a simple way to do this?