Re: bind and paste buffer...

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: bind and paste buffer...
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:04:15 -0500

On 9/27/05, Peder Stray <address@hidden> wrote:

> is it possible to bind somthing like
>
>         'screen url "<contents of paste buffer>"'
>
> to a key in screen? possibly with a combination of screen, stuff and paste
> if thats necessary.

Well, you can use writebuf/readbuf.  In my screen setup, I bound C-b
(b for browser) to something like:
eval "stuff ' '" "writebuf" "exec $HOME/.screen/openurl"
NOTE: the first stuff ' ' I use to end my copy selection... I begin
highlighting, move to the end and hit C-b

with openurl being something like (because the exec command doesn't do
backticks and such):
screen -t url elinks `cat /tmp/screen-exchange`

Now, that's off the cuff, as I don't have access to my screenrc right
now, but you could probably just bind a key to:
eval "writebuf" "exec myurlscript"

with myurlscript being:
screen -t url elinks `cat /tmp/screen-exchange`
or even:
mozilla-firefox `cat /tmp/screen-exchange`

Enjoy.