Re: Can a program create a new window ?

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: Can a program create a new window ?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:04:42 -0500

* Michael C. Toren <address@hidden> [2005-11-08 01:29 -0500]:
> ircii (and epic, bitchx, and friends) create multiple windows using the
> curses library; screen isn't involved in any way.

epic also supports what it calls screens -- completely separate display
areas (devices?) that share a a backend process in common.  It either
works by using multiple windows in X or multiple windows in screen (GNU
screen, that is).  The latter functionality seems to be the sort of thing
that the original poster was interested in.  See

  http://www.prbh.org/help/index.php?q=4_Misc/window/create

for more info.

That page also seems to imply that the buggy behavior I recall has since
been fixed.

--- --
Of course this is a matter of taste, but I'm right.
                       -- Patrik Nordebo