Re: termcap-query feature

From: Dave Waxman
Subject: Re: termcap-query feature
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:45:37 -0500

On Feb 01 06:49, Joel Leyh wrote:
> Greetings. I use VIM in 88 color mode with xterm, and usually, it
> works fine. I compile both with the termcap-query feature enabled.
> When I use screen, VIM no longer displays with 88 colors, so I'm
> assuming it's not able to communicate with xterm. Is there a way to
> make this work with screen?
> Thanks, Joel

Your problem interested me so I ran a quick google search and found this
site, http://frexx.de/xterm-256-notes/ which had the following:

"By default, screen is not aware that it is running in a 256 color
capable xterm. To make programs in screen recognize this feature, you
need to set three things in your ~/.screenrc:

# terminfo and termcap for nice 256 color terminal
# allow bold colors - necessary for some reason
attrcolor b ".I"
# tell screen how to set colors. AB = background, AF=foreground
termcapinfo xterm 'Co#256:AB=\E[48;5;%dm:AF=\E[38;5;%dm'
# erase background with current bg color
defbce "on"
"
I think this may help you.

--
Dave Waxman
address@hidden

"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." - Sydney J. Harris