Re: creating a screen with multiple windows when starting a screen

From: Geraint Edwards
Subject: Re: creating a screen with multiple windows when starting a screen
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:06:06 +0100

Ugur ASLAN <address@hidden> said
                (on Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 02:41:05AM +0300):
> I can't find a way to create all windows with given titles when
> starting a screen. And I can't make screen run a command in a
> specified window when creating it. Is it possible to write a bash
> script does the stuff I explained above at start?

You can do this by creating a .screenrc file (in your home
directory) with the necessary screen commands in it, so all the
windows are created automatically when a screen session is started.

For instance, these lines are taken from my .screenrc file:

screen -t mail  2       mutt
screen -t xt    21      su - root -c "xtail /var/log"
screen -t bbc   30      lynx http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low.html
screen -t irc   0       irc Mynick

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")