Re: creating command aliases

From: Conrad O'Dea
Subject: Re: creating command aliases
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:57:14 +0100

Hi Michael.

thanks for the info. Depending on how busy I find myself over the next couple
of weeks I may give this a stab over the next couple of weeks.

thanks
Conrad

On 24 Apr 2006, at 14:15, Michael Schroeder wrote:

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 10:35:37AM +0100, Conrad O'Dea wrote:
it is possible to create a command alias in .screenrc?

What I would like to do is to bind a command to a string that is
entered into  command line mode.   Screen than expands the string and
executes the command.  So my .screenrc would contain something like:

        alias sshhost screen -t address@hidden host

and then entering command line mode, I can type:

        sshhost <RET>

and up pops a new screen.

This is one of the features that have been on the TODO list for
a long time, but it's still not implemented.

Sorry,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           address@hidden