Re: creating command aliases

From: Conrad O'Dea
Subject: Re: creating command aliases
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:33:16 +0100

On 25 Apr 2006, at 07:37, Conrad O'Dea wrote:

On 25 Apr 2006, at 03:19, Buddy Burden wrote:

    alias sshhost screen -t address@hidden host

Looks like a job for your favorite shell to me. In my own shell-- tcsh--the exact command you give above would work perfectly from the command line, or in my .tcshrc. Am I missing something here?

that works perfectly. I didn't realise that invoking screen inside screen caused windows to be added to the parent session.

actually, there's a limitation with this. If I am in a window which contains a remote shell, then I have to switch to a window which has a local shell. Not a big deal but a lot of my shells are remote. Having screen handle the alias would allow it to work irrespective of the context.

Conrad