Re: splitting window into regions

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: splitting window into regions
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:52:07 -0400

* Peter <address@hidden> [2006-05-01 10:22 -0400]:
> I have noticed that when I split my current window into regions my
> other windows are also split.  This, to me, is very unfortunate.  Is
> there any way to stop this behaviour?

No, there's not, because technically, it's not your windows that are being
split.  What's actually happening is that your *display* is being split in
order to show more than one window at once.  As far as the individual
window is concerned, it's now attached to a 12-line (or whatever) display
instead of a 24-line (or whatever) display.

> Also, is there any way to split a window vertically (regions side by
> side)?

Not currently, though it's been discussed on this list in the past, and
there's at least one patch floating around to add the feature.

--- --
All we can do now in our miserable situation is to curse the cold night
sky of the city -nyo.
                       -- Di Gi Charat (Di Gi Charat, "Dejiko Arrives")