mutt in screen with utf-8

From: Bas van Gils
Subject: mutt in screen with utf-8
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:05:00 -0000

Hi all,

I've been using screen for years and it has always worked great for me.
Wonderful tool. Recently I switched my terminal to rxvt-unicode and that's
when I noticed some weird behavior in mutt, my mailer:

- when I start a new urxvt and fire up mutt then the line-drawing characters
  work great, like so: http://osiris.cs.kun.nl/~basvg/in-shell.gif
- when I start a new urxvt, fire up screen and then run mutt then the
  line-drawing characters are garbled like so:
  http://osiris.cs.kun.nl/~basvg/in-screen.gif

I've tried several things to fix this including:

- rebuilding ncurses, making sure I have UTF-8 fonts enabled
- rebuilding screen
- rebuilding rxvt-unicode

I also checked my settings for locales and so which are all "en_US.UTF-8". I
am kind of at a loss here and any help would be greatly appreciated. Could you
please Cc me with any replies as I am not subscribed to this mailinglist.

Thank you in advance,

yours

  Bas

--
<address@hidden> - GPG Key ID: 2768A493  -  http://www.cs.ru.nl/~basvg
Radboud University Nijmegen Institute for Computing and Information Sciences