Re: ESC key slowness

From: Paul Ackersviller
Subject: Re: ESC key slowness
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:48:56 -0000

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 04:39:53PM -0400, judd wrote:
> Around here, we run the Korn shell.  The Korn shell requires ESC-ESC to do
> command line completion - a very popular feature.

You might try Esc-\ as an alternative, I suspect that would avoid
screen waiting for an escape sequence that's never coming.  Or if you
were using the public domain korn shell (pdksh) you can configure it
it to do TAB completion.

Of course if this were to cause you to go out and get a new shell,
bash and zsh have much more powerful completion mechanisms anyway.
I don't like bash, but zsh absolutely rules!