Re: "vtprint" doesn't work with Mutt when inside Screen

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: "vtprint" doesn't work with Mutt when inside Screen
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:00:47 +0900

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 05:32:50PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> I use PuTTY to login to a shell account for reading/sending mail.
> From the shell without running Screen, I can print from Mutt
> using "vtprint" (prints out on printer attached to local terminal).
>
> When I evoke Mutt from a Screen session, nothing is sent to the
> printer, even though I get a message on the display that vtprint

I don't describe this well.  When in a Screen session, what should be
sent to the printer only is painted on the display.  (Thus it seems to
be some kind of problem with the redirection of stdout when in Screen.)

When evoking vtprint via Mutt from the login shell (csh) when not in
Screen, what is being printed is not displayed, only sent to the printer.

Perhaps this will ring a bell with someone.  Thanks to all who have
offered help so far.  (Still no luck, though. :(

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/