TTY patch (Was Re: New Screen capabilities using Screenwm)

From: Buddy Burden
Subject: TTY patch (Was Re: New Screen capabilities using Screenwm)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:05:15 -0400

Michael,

And yes, this means that we'll release screen-4.01 this year...

I've been meaning to ask ... a while back someone sent me a patch to display the terminal for a screen as a string escape, so that it could be put e.g. in the windowlist. It was %T. Did that ever get into the official codebase? It was a pretty simple patch, and I use it all the time ... it would be awesome if I could stop patching screen by hand every time there's a new version.

If you don't have it, let me know and I'll send it along again. Plus I'll try to dig out the email to credit the original author.

Thanx.

                -- Buddy