Re: New screen features available

From: Felix Rosencrantz
Subject: Re: New screen features available
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:21:52 -0800

On 2/6/07, Michael Schroeder
<address@hidden> wrote:

- window groups

  currently a bit ugly to create:
      screen -t <name> //group
  creates a group named <name>

  a group is a subset of windows, ^Aw will only display the
  current group and next/prev will not leave the group.
  Use ^A" to list all windows of the current group (this also
  leaves to group, so that next/prev or a second ^A" will
  show the other windows.

Hi Michael

This sounds cool.

Could you provide more information about how groups work.  I tried a
little by looking at description you sent, and a little at the source
code, but I wasn't able to get them to work quite right.  For example,
I aussme that the "//group" is actually a comment and not an arg.  And
the "-t" flag is being reused from the old shelltitle arg.  And you
don't mention the new "group" command.

It would be great if there were a similar set of commands to the
layout subcommands for groups. Like all the subcommands for layouts,
it would be nice if it was possible to create, move, save, and jump
between groups.  Also, it might be nice if it was possible to apply a
group to a layout.

-FR.