Re: I'm confused about TERMCAP

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: Re: I'm confused about TERMCAP
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:41:19 +0100

On 3/11/07, Joe Zbiciak <address@hidden> wrote:

Ok, I might be stepping out of line here, but...  The solution is to nuke
TERMCAP when it's a TERMCAP from screen?

 Why does this feel wrong?

Because you should be nuking it whatever its origin.  Any modern
system (and please don't respond with any "but I use system X that
isn't modern") uses terminfo or some other replacement that doesn't
depend on TERMCAP being set.  TERMCAP is dead.  And it lived way too
long.

 nikolai