Re: Colour remnants from previous program

From: cga2000
Subject: Re: Colour remnants from previous program
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 20:42:55 -0400

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 11:30:49PM EDT, Gilles Roy wrote:
> If I start screen, inside of some other terminal program running in full
> screen mode, and then I start mutt, when I exit mutt there is some
> colour left on the screen (from status bars), at the very edge on the
> right. You can see two blue blocks and one red block in the attached
> screenshot.
>
> These blocks seem to be too small to actually fit a character in them.
> Could that have anything to do with it? The problem doesn't occur if I
> used the terminal programe (gnome-terminal or xfce4-terminal) by itself,
> only when it's done through screen.
>
> Any ideas what is causing this?
>
> Thanks,
> Gilles

I've looked at your screenshot a dozen times at least and I cannot see
the remanent color patches you are talking about.  So either I am
turning blind or they do not materialize on my display.

Any way you can use gimp or whatever to highlight the artefacts .. via
circles .. arrows .. ?

Not that I will probably not be able to help anyway .. apart from
suggesting you give xterm a try .. that's what I am using .. and I have
never experienced this issue.

Also, at least in my environment, CRTL-L usually redraws the screen and
usually takes care of removing whatever garbage I have on the display.

HTH

Thanks,
cga