Re: Terminal emulators with fullscreen support

From: Andy Harrison
Subject: Re: Terminal emulators with fullscreen support
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 16:22:01 -0400

On 5/7/07, Gilles Roy <address@hidden> wrote:
Which terminal emulators do you use? I'm looking for that can be
configured to hide the menu, the window border, scrollbars, etc, so that
screen can have as much real estate as possible.

I know that xfce4-terminal and gnome-terminal that can do this. Are
there any others?

Thanks,
Gilles

I use Eterm because it behaves the best for me.

I use a little script to start it:

(72)[4:08pm] > cat ~/bin/eterm.sh
#!/bin/sh

# Default settings
#
#GEOM=170x50
GEOM="167x65-26-79"
FONT="-jmk-neep-medium-*-*-*-15-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"

if [ "$1" = "big" ] ; then
   GEOM="120x40"
   FONT="10x20"
fi

Eterm                                                           \
       --name eterm                                            \
       --font ${FONT}                                          \
       --geometry ${GEOM}                                      \
       -f white                                                \
       -b black                                                \
       --resize-gravity off                                    \
       --double-buffer on                                      \
       --scrollbar off                                         \
       --buttonBar no

I don't turn on transparency because I just let beryl handle it so
that I can have true transparency.

--
Andy Harrison