Re: sending key strokes with screen

From: Michael Grant
Subject: Re: sending key strokes with screen
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:59:24 +0100

Someone on this list, I cannot remember who, recommended using a
register and then processing the register.  Here is a command I wrote
which redisplays a screen and it's save buffer so when you log back in
and reattach, you can get then scroll up:

register A "\001:hardcopy -h /tmp/mgrant.screendump\015\001:exec

# bind ^A l  (ell) to redraw the screen
bind l process A

and the redraw-screen script:

undef $/;

# expects screen dump to already be in /tmp/mgrant.screendump
# from the :screendump -h command in screen

# read screen dump into $a

# special case, if the prompt is the last thing in the dump
# append a space
   $a.=" ";

# redraw the screen
print $a;