Re: 256 colors

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: 256 colors
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:31:08 -0700

On 7/31/07, Peder Stray <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Robert Anderson wrote:

> On 7/30/07, Peder Stray <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> How can i tell if the screen i am using really understands 256 colors or
>> not?  i try 'tput 39' both within screen and outside, both actually send
>> \e[38
>
> http://www.cs.rice.edu/~scrosby/software/tf256color/src/256colors2.pl

well yes, but that doesn't really tell if screen actually supports
256-colors does it?

Either you see the 256 colors or you don't.  That answers your question: "How can i tell if the screen i am using really understands 256 colors or not?"

But I think what you are asking is a different question:  whether or not it can support 256 colors.  I don't know.