Re: Hard status line in vertical split mode.

From: jieryn
Subject: Re: Hard status line in vertical split mode.
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:11:53 -0400

Greetings,

On 9/19/07, cga2000 <address@hidden> wrote:

> To copy a 10x5 cells rectangle starting at col. 20 somewhere near the
> middle of your screen try:
>
> C-A [ M 20l <space> c 10l 5j C <space>

Copying into the buffer isn't too much of a problem. It is pasting
that is throwing me. I need to take the contents of the clipboard and
paste into a rectangular area. The clipboard contains multiple lines
separated by \n. I expect that if I am at row 10 col 20 and I paste a
10x5 cell rectangle, that I should see my newline delineated paste in
10,20 through 15,30 ....

What I'm actually seeing is that the newline sends screen(c3270) back
to the real start of line. I'm surprised there are no mainframers on
here that haven't solved this already.. :-)

Thanks in advance,
jieryn