Re: (no subject)

From: ara.t.howard
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:49:00 -0600

On Oct 10, 2007, at 5:19 AM, Christian Ebert wrote:

AFAIR ncurses shipped with MacOS X is an old version that doesn't
have a screen-256color entry.

What gives:

$ infocmp screen-256color

If you get an error, the cleanest solution is to install a recent
ncurses version (fink's is not new enough either, don't know
about MacPorts).

okay.

so... it works!

i'm not sure what happened, but my current configuration is working - good colours in screen.

i've got

termcapinfo xterm ti@:te@
defscrollback 4242            #Will be handled localy
attrcolor b ".I"
termcapinfo xterm-color 'Co#256:AB=\E[48;5;%dm:AF=\E[38;5;%dm'
defbce "on"
startup_message off

in my .screenrc and, the pertinent bits of my .vimrc

set antialias
set t_Co=256
set background=dark

and it's working great.

thanks for all the help people.

ps. i did up upgrade my screen to the latest macports version too - 4.0.3.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama