Re: dividers/borders

From: cga2000
Subject: Re: dividers/borders
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:47:42 -0400

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 02:50:15PM EDT, Angel Martin Alganza wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 02:22:14PM -0400, cga2000 wrote:
>
> > If you use grub it's usually only a matter of typing "e" to edit your
> > boot command on the fly and adding vga=xxx to it .. where xxx is
> > something like 791 or 794 .. don't exactly remember since I use the
>
> 791 gives me something like 132x48 (not even 50), and the first line I
> can see only the bottom half of it.  Is there a way to increase that
> or is it something fixed depending on the hardware?  This laptop here
> has: "VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY"

What's your laptop's native resolution? Or more accurately, I should say
dimension (in pixels) .. mine is 1400x1050.

Note, that the lines/column dimensions would be different if you changed
your font size.

But since this has little relevance to the screen-user mailing list, the
proper place to get help with such issues is:

  address@hidden

> > If you spend a lot of time in vim for instance, 256 colors is worth a
> > look. Makes it a bit easier on the eyes ..
>
> Vim, Mutt, Tin, Elinks, W3m, Irssi.

.. slrn