Re: vertical split

From: Angel Martin Alganza
Subject: Re: vertical split
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:35:58 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 09:32:12AM +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 04:41:17PM +0100, Angel Martin Alganza wrote:
> > Are there debian packages of more recent versions available
> > somewhere or should I compile my own binary?  If so, which version
> > should I download and compile?
>
> I could create a .deb of a daily snapshot and post it on
> mentors.debian.net, which is used to host packages of newbies (like
> me) for peer review.

Did you finally made such .deb package?

> Does anyone object to this?  Would anyone find this useful?

I'd find it most useful.  But I use Debian GNU/Linux on Sparc
hardware.

I try to compile screen myself, but I get the following error:
'configure: error: !!! no tgetent - no screen'

Which is "supposed" to be explained (and resolved) here:

http://www.linuxsolved.com/linux-forums/linux-installation-support/configu-error-no-tgetent-no-screen-t234.0.html

but, the more I read it, the less I understand what I am supposed to
do.

Ángel