Very bad/slow redraw with vertical split.

From: Robin Lee Powell
Subject: Very bad/slow redraw with vertical split.
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:54:28 -0700

I'm playing around with vertical split.  I'm using Screen version
4.00.03jw4 (FAU) 2-May-06 on Debian.

When I have vertical split on, less is slow.  *Really* slow.  So is
more.  vim is OK.  When I say "slow", I mean that when I say "less
file", it takes ~20 seconds for it to put the first screenful of
data up.

Any idea what's up?

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something