who, what?

From: Pia Mikeal
Subject: who, what?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 09:40:08 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

I have noticed after recently upgrading to Screen 4.00.03 from 4.00.02 that sometimes when I use the w command, in the WHAT field, it shows for example, bash when it should show "ssh hostname.example.net". This can get confusing when I have quite a few windows open and am trying to keep track of other systems. It does not seem to happen otherwise and so am suspecting that screen is the culprit. Has anyone else had this issue?

Pia Mikeal
System Administrator
Markey Center for Structural Biology
Purdue University