Re: Binding left and right arrow keys

From: Peder Stray
Subject: Re: Binding left and right arrow keys
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:46:51 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Dave Wood wrote:

On (21:14 21/12/08), Peder Stray <address@hidden> put forth the proposition:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, William Pursell wrote:

Dave Wood wrote:
What is the correct syntax to bind left and right arrow keys? I tried e.g.:

bind left prev
bind ^left prev

But these give errors when starting screen (something about ^x?)

Here's what I have in my .screenrc:

# Make the arrow keys switch between screens
bindkey -k kr next
bindkey -k kl prev
bindkey -k -a kr next
bindkey -k -a kl prev

I use the following:

# C-left and C-right
bindkey "\033[1;5C" next
bindkey "\033[1;5D" prev

Thanks. These work but I have found a problem with some applications where it seems an application's keybinds override those of screen - mutt and vim in insert mode don't allow these binds to work. Is there some way of forcing screen binds to work no matter which application is running?

I tried unbinding left and right in mutt but it didn't work.

try the same lines but add -a, maybe that helps...

--
  Peder Stray