hardstatus

From: ilf
Subject: hardstatus
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:03:24 +0100

Hello list,

I'm trying to edit my hardstatus line. I have worked myself through
the escapes section in the man-page and spent days experimenting, yet
I am failing.

What I am trying to have is:

- a list showing (always) all open windows
   - their names only (no numbers or @, $, - or anything else)
   - transparent background, default terminal font color
   - aligned from the left
- the active window having inverted colors (or black on white)
   - when there are too many windows, move them aside with "...",
     always having the active one in focus
- the hostname aligned on the right

What I currently have is theѕe "hardstatus string"s:

..each not meeting these requirements. For example all still have
window numbers.

Thanks for your help!

--
ilf                                              address@hidden

ueber 70 millionen deutsche benutzen keine konsole. klick dich nicht weg!
                -- eine initiative des bundesamtes fuer tastaturbenutzung