Re: Wheel scrolling

From: dae3
Subject: Re: Wheel scrolling
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:42:17 +0100

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:14:48 +1100, Trent W. Buck
<address@hidden> wrote:

> dae3 <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>> It would be really cool if gnu-screen could receive mouse wheel events
>> and translate them to Command-Esc and ^Y or ^E as appropriate. Xterm can
>> pass mouse events to the app running inside itself.
>
> Screen passes mouse events (including the scroll wheel) to the app
> running inside itself.  Emacs, for example, will handle them (with
> appropriate junk in ~/.emacs).
>
> Possibly it could be more intelligent about handling mouse wheel events
> when *already* in copy mode (^A^[).

There could be a switch for users to decide whether they want their
mouse events passed to the app or used by screen.

Personally, I have no use for the mouse in terminal-based apps. Having
screen intercept it for entering copy mode and scrolling would be ideal.

--
~> cat /etc/redhat-release && uname -a
Scientific Linux SL release 5.2 (Boron)