How to Reorder and Set Starting Window Numbers

From: Charles A. Templeton III
Subject: How to Reorder and Set Starting Window Numbers
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 07:40:43 -0600

When I load screen it defaults to assigning window numbers starting
from '0' and counting upwards. How do I customize my setting so that
screen default to creating the first window start at '1' and count
upwards (and if possible placing '0' after '9'?) When I have multiple
windows up the first window ('0') is separated from all the other
windows ('1', '2', '3'...).

On a related question, is it possible to reorder or switch the window
numbers? For example take window '1' and change it to window '8' (if
there is no window '8') or switch windows '1' and '8' (if a window '8'
already exists).

Thanks

- Charles III