Re: screenwm and screen 4.1 status?

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: screenwm and screen 4.1 status?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:38:03 -0400

* Robin Lee Powell had this to say on [11 May 2009, 23:58:15 -0700]:

> I gathered a while back that screen 4.1 was going to replicate a lot
> of the functionality of screenwm.
>
> Did that go anywhere?

Two of the biggest features in screenwm, vertical splits and layouts (the
split orientations across detach) are in GNU screen now
(http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=screen.git). Some better
navigation in a split layout would be useful, and if a patch were
provided, we would certainly try to add it (If not, I might try to take
a look at it at some point). Tagging a window with a remote screen
session doesn't sound too terrible either, although I rarely have to use
remote screen sessions from within another screen session, so I may not
be the best judge of the usefulness of this feature. Nevertheless, if
there were a patch, I would certainly consider it for inclusion.

*hint*

Cheers,
Sadrul