Re: Pair Programming Screencast (ssh, screen, vim and skype)

From: Jean Jordaan
Subject: Re: Pair Programming Screencast (ssh, screen, vim and skype)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:39:43 +0700

Hi there

> 2. "multiplexes a physical terminal between several processes" - what does
> multiplexes means in the context of Screen.

multiplexing - The simultaneous transmission of multiple signals on
the same channel

In this case: one terminal switches between many processes (that may
be shells or other character-based programs. I don't think that
"physical" really makes sense, as the terminal in question is normally
an instance of bash or rxvt etc.

--