Re: screen vertical split speed vs dvtm

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: screen vertical split speed vs dvtm
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 15:53:02 -0500

* A S had this to say on [05 Dec 2009, 19:41:53 +0100]:
> Hi,
> I do wonder why gnu screen is so slow in vertical split while dvtm
> http://www.brain-dump.org/projects/dvtm/ does not exhibit any visible
> slowdown?
> Is it because screen emulates vt100 only?

It's because screen tries to refresh the display an aweful lot of time. I
have a sort of a hacky fix for this at the moment. A nicer fix looks to
be non-trivial. But I will try to get to it in a day or two. If I can't
get to it, I will probably check in the sorta-hacky fix (do feel free to
nudge me if I don't!)

Cheers,
Sadrul