Re: Ping Packagers

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: Ping Packagers
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 14:28:46 -0500

* Dustin Kirkland had this to say on [09 Dec 2009, 10:37:17 -0800]:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Dustin Kirkland <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Hello everyone. Are there any screen packagers on this list? I am
> >> contemplating a sort of a beta-release somewhat soon-ish (still
> >> non-trivial amount of work to do, though, so no ETA yet), and was
> >> thinking if this list is the best place to reach the packagers.
> >
> > Hello-
> >
> > I maintain (along with some others) the screen package in Ubuntu, and
> > I do follow this list.
> >
> > We (Ubuntu) as well as Debian are carrying a stack of patches against
> > Screen.  Could we see about getting as many of these as possible into
> > your next upstream release?
>
> FYI, you can see the patches we're carrying at:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/screen/karmic/files/head%3A/debian/patches/

Great! Thanks (I was about to request for the link)

> The vast majority of these patches predate my involvement and are
> merely inherited from Debian.
>
> The one that I most importantly want to get upstream is the trivial
> 33increase_max_winmsg_renditions.dpatch:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/screen/karmic/annotate/head%3A/debian/patches/33increase_max_winmsg_renditions.dpatch
>
> How would you like to proceed?  Should I repost each and every one of
> these individually to the list?  Or can you take a look at each of
> them, and cherry pick the ones that are immediately acceptable, and we
> can debate the rest?

It's not necessary to post them in the Savannah tracker for now. I will
take a look at the patches (hopefully during this weekend) and let you
know if I have any questions about any of them. Thanks.

> :-Dustin

Cheers,
Sadrul