Re: Copy-scrollback mode -- VIsual feedback in window caption?

From: Hugo Heden
Subject: Re: Copy-scrollback mode -- VIsual feedback in window caption?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:19:57 +0100

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <address@hidden> wrote:
* Hugo Heden had this to say on [10 Dec 2009, 15:31:53 +0100]:
> Good day all,
>
> I would like to add some visual feedback for whether a window is in
> copy/scrollback mode  or not, perhaps by showing a different colour in the
> window caption. Some other visual feedback would work too.

Suggestions for a good *visual* feedback for this would indeed be
welcome.

Suggestion, sort of: Make it possible to change the colour of (or change the string in, or do whatever with) the *window caption* when copy-scrollback-mode is in effect.

(I usually use a blue window caption, but it'd be lovely if I could make is so that it was green whenever copy-scrollback-mode was in effect. The reason is that I use scrollback pretty extensively, looking for logged data in big terminal print-outs. And sometimes when I'm back from getting a cup of coffe, I sort of forget that the window is in copy-scrollback-mode, so I start typing -- and the window exits copy-scroll-back-mode, and I realize that I just lost the valuable scrolling position that I had spent ten minutes searching for.. Not sure this sounds like an obscure use case.. But I would love it if I could configure some visual feedback for when being in copy-scroll-back-mode.)

Best Regards

Hugo Heden