Re: Page-up feature in screen

From: VIGNESH PRABHU
Subject: Re: Page-up feature in screen
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:53:17 +0530

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Jostein Berntsen <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12.05.10,20:18, VIGNESH PRABHU wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> Since I came to know of Screen utility I have been regularly using it in my
> desktop and also on servers on which I need to login. I would like to know
> how I can browse output of any command which has increased more than the
> length of a normal screen(something similar to using shift-up in normal
> terminals.).

You can enter the scrollback mode with Ctrl-a-Esc or Ctrl-a-[. There you
can move around with the usual navigation keys.
Great. Just tried it out. This is very useful to me. Thanks.

> Also one more doubt I have is how I can attach to two screens together. For
> example, if I was working on a screen and my friend comes and start his own
> screen, next time when I login how can I attach both these screens together.
>
> I hope my questions are clear.

I don't think you can merge running screen sessions, but you can list
active sessions by 'screen -ls', and then start each session with
'screen -r <nameofsession>'.

Is this present in the TODO list for the future versions of screen or is this something very trivial and not necessary?

--
Regards,
Vignesh