Re: Attaching to multiple sessions at the same time via split windows /

From: Kevin Van Workum
Subject: Re: Attaching to multiple sessions at the same time via split windows / tabs
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:32:50 -0400

Yeah, I wish you have a command or set of commands run when you reattach.

But, how about adding this to your .screenrc:

bind ^p eval 'select 0' 'split -v' 'focus right' 'select 1' 'split' 'focus down' 'select 2' 'focus left' 'split' 'focus down' 'select 3'

You'll have to completely close your detached sessions and start with a fresh session. Then just create your 4 windows and give the ^p command. Now you can detach/reattached/^p to get your set-up back with everything reattached.

Of course you don't have to bind this command to ^p. You can use anything you like.

Kevin