Re: Command-line copy-paste?

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Subject: Re: Command-line copy-paste?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 00:58:23 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Yang Zhang wrote:

Is there any way to pipe some content into screen's copy-paste buffer? Thanks!

Yes, you can use the "bufferfile" command to set it to an arbitrary textfile, and "readbuf" to effectively do a "copy".

You may also find useful: I have some switches with a crappy CLI that if you paste too much info too fast, it drops, so I typed the following commands into screen to make it work:

bufferfile /home/danm/summit48.cfg
slowpaste 120
readbuf
paste .

I could have also just put these in a file and used screen's "source" command to run them all.

HTH,

-Dan

--

"It's three o'clock in the morning.  It's too late for 'oops'.  After
Locate Updates, don't even go there."

-Paul Baecker
 January 3, 2k
 Indeed, sometime after 3AM