Re: all apps in my screen lost across X reboot

From: ping
Subject: Re: all apps in my screen lost across X reboot
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:46:33 -0400

hi kevin:
I tried that and it looks good, in terms that my apps inside screen now get retained across X reboot...but then I find another issue that make it hard to use this approach in practice:
it looks now I can't copy$paste between vim and other apps, or even between vim instances I was running inside screen...
previously I can at least achieve that with following vim config:

if match($TERM, "screen")!=-1
  set term=xterm
  let g:GNU_Screen_used = 1
else
  let g:GNU_Screen_used = 0
endif

function! InScreen(command)
  return g:GNU_Screen_used ? 'screen '.a:command : a:command
endfunction

I double maybe this related to the fact that, with this approach now screen (and all its child) is not a child of X, so it has problem to access the X selections or clipboards...
any idea?

regards
ping