Re: screen shapshot and resume across linux reboot?

From: Artur Skonecki
Subject: Re: screen shapshot and resume across linux reboot?
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:03:23 +0200 (CEST)

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2011-07/msg00025.html

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, ping wrote:

recently, most of the time because of an huge winxp vmware image (> 10G) startup/suspend process, I need to power cycle my PC (disk LED is flashing all the time, cpu is low though, even switching to console trying to kill X I can't login, saying some buffer size exhaused to 0...). anyway, after I restart up I always need to build up screen and every app that I was running inside again... what is current best way/tool to resume from a "snapshot of screen" and continue with whatever left before linux reboot?
thanks!

regards
ping