Re: Beginner Question: Is GNU Screen still in active development? Will

From: Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Subject: Re: Beginner Question: Is GNU Screen still in active development? Will there be future releases?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:41:23 +0200

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:32:09PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a non-beginner I'd say, stay with screen if you're happy with it,
> have a look at tmux if you're unhappy with screen. I stayed with
> screen and gave up with tmux after I tried hours to get one of my
> setups working with tmux. :-)

I had a look at tmux now, and it probably took me 5 hours to convert my screen
config to tmux. But I got it all working now, ssh-agent within tmux, shortcuts
to past my vim- and bash-config, tmux-sessions aka screen-"groups" for my
various customers, and even sticky split screens so the last 5 lines show me
the live-logs of the server I'm working with (this wasn't possible with screen
at all I think). all that made permanent with a config-file, colorful, slick
and neat. good bye, screen, it was a pleasure working with you.

Wolfgang

--
http://www.wogri.com