Re: Screen will not launch at all in OS X

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: Screen will not launch at all in OS X
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:56:50 +0100

On Feb 02, 12 22:46:48 -0800, Errer wrote:

> Hi, I am running OS X 10.7, and GNU Screen will not launch at all at the
> command line (it just hangs indefinitely). This is true both when trying to
> run screen locally and remotely. Screen will still do some basic stuff such
> as dump the version information when I run "screen --version", but about all
> I can do if I run screen normally is suspend the process, and when I run
> "fg" I get the following error message:
>
> "Sorry, cannot contact session "52349.ttys010.xxxxx" again."

Two tests:
- can you try to run screen as superuser?
  Would it work then?

- can you try to run (as normal user and if possible also superuser)
  strace -o screen_strace.log screen
  and show us the screen_strace.log file.

guess that would be helpful for diagostics...

        cheers,
                JW-

--
 o \  Juergen Weigert      unix-software __/ _=======.=======_