Re: flushing to logfile

From: Borja Soutullo
Subject: Re: flushing to logfile
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:19:24 +0200

It seems that hardcopy only provides you with some information if you have ever accessed the terminal screen.
I mean, I always a screen in detached mode, and if I try to hardcopy it, it will always be empty. As soon as I access the screen, it will not be empty any more...
therefore it is not valid.
I am just looking for a way to execute a command inside a detached screen, and being able to get the response. I think log is good for this, but then I have to wait at least one second till it is flushed... (not so optimum)
Any solution to the log flush order?
Any solution to get a response from a command in a detached screen?

2012/8/21 Bruno Cudini <address@hidden>
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:04:03AM +0200, Borja Soutullo wrote:
> Is there any way to force the flushing of the screen buffer to the logfile?
> I want to execute a command and immediately after that, get the logfile and
> check the result of the command.

Not sure of the differences, but isn't hardcopy a good way to do what
you want ? You could use it to copy the content of the screen buffer on
your disk, and then do whatever you want with it.