Re: invoking <enter> in screen binding

From: Michael Parson
Subject: Re: invoking <enter> in screen binding
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 10:01:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012, Eric Smith wrote:

I have the following binding which works as I want it to.
bind E eval copy 'stuff G' 'stuff Y' 'readreg q' colon 'stuff "!  command_foo "' ' paste
"q^M"' '"^M"'

Try using \015 as the 'enter' string instead. No special ctrl chars
first, just that literal string of chars.

I've had mixed luck with the ^V^M vs \015 for sending the cr
char.  In my .screenrc, I use \015, but in scripts, I have
to use ^V^M.

The command prints out on the screen "exrc" line with the
argumant pasted from the screen buffer `q'.
My problem is that I cannot make this command submit with a
carriage return or enter despite the attempts you see with
a cntrl-V <enter>

Any clues as to how I can get the command to submit with the
binding?

Eric

--
Michael Parson