Re: Detached sessions not being created

From: Joe Zbiciak
Subject: Re: Detached sessions not being created
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 21:01:49 -0800 (PST)

Mark,

I don't have a solution for you, but a question that might lead toward the solution:

In order to launch successfully (even in a detached mode), does screen need a controlling tty, a valid setting for $TERM, and valid termios information (screen dimensions)?  I think it might.

When you launch from Konsole, I'm certain it has all that.  But when you launch from cron, I'd be surprised if it has any of that.

—Joe

--
We sell Spatulas, and that's all!
http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/