screen -s -/bin/bash

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: screen -s -/bin/bash
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 12:32:55 -0600

I'd like to manually tell screen to fire up login shells in each
window.  Please note I do not want to change my ~/.screenrc.

>From reading screen --help it seems like invoking
    screen -s -/bin/bash
should do that as I expect it to work like the command
    :shell -bin/bash
does within an existing session.

Seemingly, it does not.  Meaning that the latter setting causes new
screen windows to include login shells while the former command line
does not cause the first window to be a login shell.

This is atop git master.

What am I missing?

- Rhys